Burning & Outline Photoshop Text Effect
1. Create a new 800x600 RGB file with white background and create a title using black text. Make sure you center it and use a bold font such as arial bold.
2. Create a new white layer. Duplicate the Burning text layer and merge it down with the white layer you just made.
3. Apply a Gaussion blur with a Radius from 5-12.
4. Go to filter > Stylize > Solarize the layer.
5. Now you will go to Image > Adjustments > Auto Levels
6. Duplicate this layer and then go to Filter > Distort > Polar Coordinates. Use Polar to Rectanglar.
7. Rotate the Canvas by 90 degrees CW and Invert the layer using CTRL I.
8. Go to Filter > Stylize > Wind From the Right 3 times.
9. CTRIL I to Invert back to White
10. Image > Adjustments > Auto Levels
11. Go to filter > Stylize > Wind From the Right and do this a total of 2 times
12. Rotate the Canvas back to original state. 90 degrees CCW
13. Go to Filter > Distort > Polar Coordinates. Use Rectanglar to Polar.
14. Create a new layer - make sure it goes to the top of your layers. Fill layer with gradiant Color 1: #f97903 Color 2: #2f0d57
15. Change the blending mode of this layer to vivid light.
16. Change the blending mode of the layer with the wind burst effect to Screen.
17. Apply a Gaussian Blur of 2 pixels to this layer, and you have your burning outlined text!